The Beachy Wave

I've been searching for the perfect beachy wave hair tutorial since probably high school. My hair is weird and never works out the way it's supposed to. The quest is over and I've found the perfect way to get a beachy wave (at least for my crazy head of hair). 

1.With wet hair I use Aussie instant freeze mousse and start scrunching away while blow drying on high (I don't use a diffuser)

2. Once dry I brush it out a bit then straighten just the thin top layer of hair otherwise it just looks like a frizzy mess.

3. Then, here's the secret! Sea Salt spray. And I even made my own. Here's what you need:
  •  1 cup of water
  • 2-3 tablespoons of sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon of conditioner
  • 1 teaspoon of hair gel
4. Put all ingredients in a spray bottle, shake shake shake, then spray your hair all over so it is lightly damp. Then start scrunchin away again until it air dries.

5. I can't stop there cause my hair needs a little help with curl. So I have to curl a few pieces here and there that didn't work out so well with a 1" curling iron. I use the wrap around method instead of clamping my hair in the iron.

6. Then I give it a little spritz of Aussie hairspray and I'm good to go.


Beachy wave! 
Now I just need to try out my new do at the beach.
 I wish Utah had a beach.
 
P.S. I hate posting pictures of myself on the blog so this may be the last time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Comments

  1. New follower! I somehow stumbled across your blog, and I am so glad I did- especially since you so generously shared the secret to beach hair.
    ...and by the way, your cut is simply darling.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I definitely am going to try making some Sea Salt spray :) And you look cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, stop it! you adorable! post pics of you! and i am lovin' your hair! i used to have short hair and bangs and always wanted to achieve this look! I'm definitely going to try this- cause i love those messy beach curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that look for you. It looks so good. I will have to try this out too because I can never get it right on my hair either!!
    http://mereandthemr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why? You're super cute. And thanks for the secret because those 'beach' sprays are pricey and I too love the look. I am definitely going to try this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts